It is notified in the interest of general public that as a precautionary measure to avoid the spread of Novel Corona Virus (COVID 19) the MUSUEM, ADVENTURE PARK and other amenities of HIMALAYAN MOUNTAINEERING INSTITUTE, Darjeeling will remain closed for tourists and visitors w.e.f. 17 March to 31 March 2020. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused.
The revised dates/changed schedules for forthcoming mountaineering courses, CLIMBATHON 2020, Tenzing Norgay MTB Challenge 2nd Edition will be announced in due course.
This notice is not to create panic but to stand together and win our fight against Corona.
Take precautions and STAY STRONG.
Dated 16th March, 2020
16 Mar 2020
SUSPENSION OF MOUNTAINEERING COURSES & CLIMBATHON
- It is notified in the interest of the general public that as a precautionary measure to avoid the spread of Novel Corona Virus(COVID 19) the Museum, Adventure Park and other amenities of Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Darjeeling (West Bengal) will remain closed for tourists and visitors with effect from 17 March to 31 March 2020. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused.
- Moreover, Basic Mountaineering Course Ser No 337, Advance Mountaineering Courses Ser No 188 and Climbathon clubbed with Advance Mountaineering Course Ser No 188 which are scheduled to be commenced wef 01 Apr 2020 are being considered to be suspended and fresh date/revised schedule would be published around 17 Apr 2020 (depending ongoing situation and various advisory issued by different department In all the cases, the course transfer fee will be waived off.
- This notice is not to create panic but to stand together and win our fight against Corona.
COVID-19 CORONA VIRUS ADVISORY/PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES FOR STUDENTS
INSURANCE COVER FOR THE TRAINEES UNDERGOING MOUNTAINEERING/ADVENTURE COURSES AT HMI, DARJEELING (WB)
- Students undergoing mountaineering/adventure courses at HMI Darjeeling (WB) are to get themselves insured for the duration of the course. They must report to HMI Darjeeling (WB) alongwith insurance papers. The insurance must cover accidents, death, loss of limb any illness/injury suffered while undergoing courses at HMI/field training area.
- Customized insurance facility for the duration of adventure activity can be facilitated at HMI, Darjeeling (WB) on payment basis on arrival.
Guest Room Available
REFRESHER TRAINING 2020
REFRESHER TRAINING 2020
LIMITED SEATS ONLY
Gp Capt Jai kishan
Gp Capt Jai Kishan took over the charge of Principal, HMI on 17 December 2018. Gp Capt Jai kishan commissioned into Indian Air Force in June 1996. He is an alumni of HMI. He successfully completed his Basic and Advance course from HMI in year 2001 and 2002 respectively.
He has Eight mountaineering expeditions under his belt including three eight thousanders viz. Everest, Lhotse and Mt. Cho Oyu. He is one among the very few mountaineers in the country who had climbed highest peaks in American Continent including Mt. Denali and Mt Acancagua.
The Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (HMI) is one of the premier mountaineering institutes in the world. Founded on November 4th, 1954 by none other than Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of India, the institute is located in the picturesque hill station of Darjeeling.
Darjeeling is also the hometown of Sherpa Tenzing Norgay, the first human to set foot on the highest peak of Mount Everest along with Sir Edmund Hillary. And it was in HMI that Tenzing spent most of his post-Everest ascent period as Director of Field Training. HMI is now a prominent landmark of Darjeeling and a Centre of tourist attraction, it commands a magnificent view of Mount Kanchenjunga, the third highest peak in the world.